Are you considering launching a dental website but don’t know how much it costs? You’re in the right place to learn all about the cost of setting up, maintaining and running a dental website. It’s important to understand what factors influence the cost of your dental website before you begin the project. The good news is that there are plenty of affordable options available if you know where to look.
How much does a dental website cost?
The average dental website cost is $2,800 based on a survey conducted among dentists. Depending on the type of website you want to create and the features you wish to have implemented, your costs could be higher or lower.
The most important factor that affects the cost of a dental website is complexity. If your plan includes complex design elements such as custom coding or advanced programming, your cost could be much higher. Other elements that will affect the overall price of a website include content creation and maintenance, hosting fees, and the number of pages included in the design.
Factors That Determine Dental Website Cost
Before you can start figuring out how much a dental website will cost, it’s essential to determine what features and functionality you require for your site.
Here are some of the factors that can affect the cost of building a dental website:
- Size and complexity of the website: The larger and more complex the website, the more time and effort will be required to design and develop it. This will naturally lead to a higher cost.
- Features and functionality: The more features and functionality that are required, the more expensive the website will be.
- Experience and reputation of the web developer or design agency: The experience and reputation of the web developer or design agency that is hired to create the website can also affect the cost at times. More experienced and reputable web developers and design agencies will naturally charge more for their services.
It is important to note that these are just general guidelines, and the actual cost of building a dental website may vary depending on the specific circumstances of your practice. If you are unsure about how much your website will cost, it is always best to consult with a web developer or design agency to get an estimate.
How to choose the right web developer for your dental website
When choosing a web developer or design agency to create your dental website, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Experience: Does the web developer have experience creating websites for dentists?
- Reputation: Check to see what other dentists have said about the web developer or design agency.
- Cost: Get quotes from several different web developers or design agencies before making a decision.
- Communication: Be clear about your needs and expectations.
- Timeline: Make sure the web developer can meet your timeline for completing the website.
Additionally, consider which platform they are using to develop the website. WordPress is generally considered the best platform in most instances. Especially if you are utilizing SEO and want as much flexibility as possible.
Many dental marketing agencies provide web development as a part of their services. You might consider using one of them as it is helpful to have all of your services in one place. Not only for you, but also for them.
Potential problems to be aware of when considering a dental web designer
Some dental web design agencies use proprietary or unnecessarily complex platforms to build websites. This can create a problem if you want to take your site to another hosting company or if you are getting SEO and other work done by other companies. We see this problem pop up quite often among dental clients. It can serious hinder your ability to switch to other dental marketing agencies for various services.
Does your web hosting company force you to sign a contract or give them a 30-day notice before transferring the website? This is common in the industry.
Cost of maintaining your dental website
The long term dental website cost is something to be considered. Once your dental website is up and running, it is important to maintain it on a regular basis. This includes:
- Updating content: You need to be sure your website is up-to-date with the latest information about your practice, including new services, staff changes, and patient reviews.
- Updating images: Make sure your website has fresh, relevant, high-quality images.
- Running backups: You’ll need backups of your website in case of a disaster. For instance, cyber attacks have been increasingly common in recent years. That include the dental industry. Your backups will be needed if there is a problem such as that.
- Monitoring your website’s performance: Monitoring your website is crucial to be sure that it is performing well and not experiencing any technical issues.
- Making minor changes to the site: You may need to add service pages or even make design changes to the site. That doesn’t usually require a completely new website, but just some tweaks. However, this is often above the level of knowledge for most dentists.
For this reason you will probably want to partner with the company who builds your website to provide maintenance and/or hosting as well. The cost for this can vary depending on your agreement and needs from that company. However, it is often between $50-500/mo.
Why should you consider AdPro4U?
AdPro4U offers many distinct advantages when building a dental website. They include:
- Affordable pricing on dental website cost: Prices starting at $499 for building a WordPress site.
- Competitive pricing on hosting/maintenance: Prices starting at $49/mo.
- Communication skills: We’re easy to get a hold of throughout the entire process, including after the site is finished.
- WordPress: We utilize WordPress which is easy to use, customize, and update. You can also take it anywhere or manage it for yourself.
- Custom designs: Make the website how you want it. Simply let us know what you want and we can build it to your specifications.
- No contracts: We don’t like contracts and we will work with you to help you move your site if you want to take it somewhere.
You don’t have to spend a fortune building your website. Let AdPro4U help you build the perfect website for your dental practice. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services and to get started building your site!