In the past, dentists relied on traditional marketing methods to attract new patients. However, with the rise of the internet, more and more dentists move marketing online. Why is that? By creating an online presence, dentists can reach a larger audience and connect with potential patients from all over the world. In addition, online marketing is more cost-effective than traditional marketing methods, making it a more affordable option for small businesses.
Why should a dentist move from traditional to digital marketing?
There are several reasons for why dentists move their marketing online. Here’s a few of the important factors to consider:
- An online presence allows dentists to reach a larger audience than they could with traditional marketing methods.
- Online marketing is more cost-effective than traditional advertising methods.
- The internet provides dentists with opportunities to connect with potential patients faster.
- More and more people are using the internet to find products and services.
By not having an online presence, dentists are missing out on potential patients. An online presence allows dentists to show their expertise and build trust with potential patients. A website is a 24/hour marketing tool that can generate leads even while you sleep!
How does digital marketing improve a dentist’s ROI?
Digital marketing provides dentists with a higher ROI (return on investment) than traditional marketing techniques. Why is that?
Studies have shown in recent years that businesses that use social media and online marketing are outperforming those who do not. This isn’t that shocking. The average American spends more than 24 hours online. Younger generations are spending even more time online. So, this trend is unlikely to change anytime soon.
Online marketing is still very affordable for dentists. While the competition has increased, dental is nowhere near as saturated as most other businesses. This gives dentists a chance to really stand out and be seen by their target audience.
Digital marketing is constantly evolving. This means that there are always new opportunities for dentists to reach their patients. Traditional and print marketing methods have been exploited to death.
The bottom line is this: if you’re not using digital marketing, you’re missing out on a lot of potential patients. If you want to stay ahead of the competition, you need to move your marketing online.
What are some dentists doing to move their marketing online?
There are a few things dentists can do to move their marketing online:
- Developing a website: A website is a great way to show off a dentist’s work, attract new patients, and generate leads.
- Creating blogs: Blogs are a great way to show dentists expertise, build trust, and attract new patients. They also help tremendously with SEO if you are consistent with it and do it well.
- Using social media: Social media is a great way to connect with potential patients, promote specials/events, and build an online community.
- Fully utilizing Google Business Profile: Your business listing on Google is free and a great way to generate leads if you leverage it right.
- Google Ads: Google Ads is a great way to get in front of potential patients who are searching for dentists in their area. These patients are looking for a dentist right now in most cases.
- Search Engine Optimization: Having a website is great, but you need to find ways to get more traffic if you want more patients. SEO is just one way to accomplish that, by ranking higher in Google’s organic search algorithms in your area.
- Video and YouTube: Creating dental videos or commercials on YouTube is a much more cost effective way to get in front of your audience than cable TV. Some of the traffic is free, and the cost of advertising is cheaper, and more targeted.
Target your ideal patients
You want to focus on attracting the patients that you can provide the best care for.
Digital marketing allows you to have more control over how much you spend and who you target. You can target patients by their location, demographics, interests, and much more.
By targeting your ideal patients, you’re more likely to attract patients that are a good fit for your dental practice.
It is also easier to track your progress and advertising dollars online.
Not sure where to start with digital marketing?
If you’re not sure where to start with digital marketing, we can help! AdPro4U provides online marketing solutions for dentists. We’ve produced millions of dollars in revenue for our clients and can help you too!
Contact us today to see how we can help you move your marketing online and start generating more patients for your dental practice.